Please note, payment for services implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Training & Handling Methods:
- The philosophy of training techniques used by The Animal Behaviour Business is based on positive reinforcement and as such all techniques and methods used are kind, fair and reward based.
- Harsh handling of dogs, physical force and use of punitive methods and equipment such as choke chains, prong collars, spray collars or e-collars will not be permitted in training and should not be used in training your dog.
Payment, Refunds, and Cancellations:
- One to one sessions must be paid for in full by bank transfer at least 5 days (or as soon as the session is booked if under 5 days) in advance before the booked date. Arrangements for refunds are as set out below. If you would like to re-arrange a session rather than cancelling please call The Animal Behaviour Business to discuss.
|Amount of Notice Given||Refund Applicable|
|More than 1 week (8 days) before booked session||Full refund or swop the session|
|Less than 1 week (7 days or less) of the booked session||No refund|
With less than 7 days’ notice, there will be no refunds or preferential re-booking rates available except in exceptional circumstances in which case any partial refund or re-arrangement fee will be at the sole discretion of The Animal Behaviour Business.
- Any instances of accident or injury must be reported at the time they occur. It is the owners’ responsibility to ensure the safety of others (animals and humans) with regard to your dog’s behaviour at all times.
- Extendable (flexi) leads are not permitted in training sessions to avoid injury. If I am treating your dog for aggressive behaviour towards people, please ensure your dog is in a separate room (without access to the front door) when I arrive. I am happy to wait outside while you do this. I will advise when (and how) it will be most appropriate to bring the dog into the room to be introduced to us. If you feel that this arrangement is not suitable for your dog for any reason, please get in touch and we can discuss the best option for you and your dog.
- If I am visiting your home, please ensure there is suitable parking available if possible. If there is permit only, on street parking only, please have a permit ready for me when I arrive. If parking at your home (or any other venue we have arranged to meet) requires payment, please make arrangements for this.
- Children are welcome to attend training sessions, with appropriate adult supervision (16 years and under). I accept no responsibility for children at training sessions and it is the responsibility of the supervising adult to ensure the children’s safely at all times.
Health and Vaccinations:
- All dogs and puppies attending classes must be suitably vaccinated against potential risk of disease, as well as being treated for internal and external parasites. The Animal Behaviour Business advises that owners should consult their veterinary professional with regard to such issues.
- There can be no guarantee that there is no risk of disease at any venue or when in contact with other dogs and equipment (such as toys). It is the owners/handlers’ responsibility to ensure their dog is fully protected against the risk of disease. If the owner chooses not to routinely vaccinate their dog this is their choice and the decision is made at their own risk.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are accepting full responsibility for the protection of your dog from disease. Please advise in advance of any session if your dog has been unwell or if they have been in contact with another dog infected with a contagious disease. Depending on the issue, it may be advisable for the session to be cancelled and re-arranged.
- If you dog has any known allergies or intolerances to certain foods please make me aware before the start of the training session and provide appropriate, alternative treats for training.
- Photographs are occasionally taken during training sessions. Such photos maybe used by The Animal Behaviour Business for the purposes of marketing.
- If you do not wish for photographs of you or your dog being used please let me know. Any written feedback such as testimonials may be used for marketing purposes. Only your first name will be used.
- If you do not wish for your feedback to be used please let me know. Photography or videography is not permitted during training sessions unless agreed in advance with The Animal Behaviour Business.
I make every effort to ensure the safety of both clients and dogs in One to One training sessions and classes. By making a booking with The Animal Behaviour Business you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your dog, and you agree to indemnify The Animal Behaviour Business for all personal injury and damage to property while attending training sessions. You agree to assume all responsibility for any risks, injuries, and damages, known or unknown, which might occur as a result of your dog attending such sessions. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the session (s) or who comes in your place aware that they are there at their own risk. You understand and accept that your dog (and its behaviour) remains your entire responsibility at all times, whether or not in the presence of a dog trainer.